How do you calculate 2 discounts?
Please keep in mind that the second discount is applied to the price AFTER the first discount has been applied. For example, if the original price was $50 and we have two discounts: 20% and 10% , then we’re doing something like this: $50 – 20% = $50 – $10 = $40 . Then $40 – 10% = $40 – $4 = $36 .
How do you find the original price after 2 discounts?
To find the actual discount, multiply the discount rate by the original amount ‘x’. To find the sale price, subtract the actual discount from the original amount ‘x’ and equate this to given sale price. Solve the equation and find the original amount ‘x’.
How do I calculate a discount?
How to calculate a discount
- Convert the percentage to a decimal. Represent the discount percentage in decimal form. …
- Multiply the original price by the decimal. …
- Subtract the discount from the original price. …
- Round the original price. …
- Find 10% of the rounded number. …
- Determine “10s” …
- Estimate the discount. …
- Account for 5%
How do you find 3%?
How to find 3% of a number? Take the number and multiple it by 3. Then multiply that by . 01.
How do I work out a percentage of two numbers?
Answer: To find the percentage of a number between two numbers, divide one number with the other and then multiply the result by 100. Let us see an example of finding the percentage of a number between two numbers.
What number is 45% of 70?
Percentage Calculator: What is 45 percent of 70? = 31.5.
How do you find the reverse percentage?
- Either add/subtract the percentage given in the problem from 100% to determine what percentage we have.
- Find 1% by dividing by percentage found in previous step.
- Find 100% (original amount) by multiplying your answer in step 2 by 100.
What is the original price if the percent of discount is 25% and the sale price is $40?
You will pay $30 for a item with original price of $40 when discounted 25%. In this example, if you buy an item at $40 with 25% discount, you will pay 40 – 10 = 30 dollars.
How do you find the original amount of a percentage?
Find the percentage of the original or real number. Multiply the final number by 100. Divide the result of the multiplication by the percentage.
How do I get a 10% discount?
How do I calculate a 10% discount?
- Take the original price.
- Divide the original price by 100 and times it by 10.
- Alternatively, move the decimal one place to the left.
- Minus this new number from the original one.
- This will give you the discounted value.
- Spend the money you’ve saved!
What is 10% out of 500?
Percentage Calculator: What is 10 percent of 500? = 50.